Monday, February 8, 2010

Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps



In the mood for healthy & fast dinner, I chose this asian chicken dish. I however, added the Bibb lettuce for wrapping and shredded carrot garnishment. One word: Delicious!
Given I like food spicy, I though the chicken contained the perfect amount of cayenne pepper .Next time, in addition to the carrots, I would add cellophane noodles and a little chili oil. One herb I wholeheartedly dislike is CILANTRO...ugh!!!
It overpowers everything, so I left it out and we never missed it.
Overall: super simple and super yummy. Yummy, is that a true culinary term?






Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps:


1 Tbl Veg. oil
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
3 Tbl. chunky peanut butter
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 head Bibb Lettuce
1 carrot, shredded


Heat the oil in saute pan over high heat. Place chicken in the pan, and cook until juices run clear. Mix in red bell pepper, and continue cooking until tender.
In a bowl, mix the broth, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, cayenne pepper, ginger, and peanut butter. Pour into the pan. Toss green onions into pan (reserving some for garnish). Continue to cook and stir 7-10 minutes, until slightly thickened. Garnish with reserved green onions to serve. Spoon chicken into lettuce with carrots.

1 comment:

insidemynoodle said...

I HATE cilantro as well. I can't wait to use some of these recipes!

 
back to top