Monday, February 22, 2010

Tarragon Chicken Salad


Everyone needs a good chicken salad recipe and this one is mine.  Traditionally, Im a fan of grapes and pecans but I've learned that a large percentage of people do not like to mix sweet and savory.  Strange I know.  In fact, Mr. F happens to be one of these strange individuals.  So to avoid making myself  a whole bowl of chicken salad and then eating it all myself, I have developed this delicious alternative.

Trust me, you cant go wrong with this one. Its fast, easy and delicious.  For goodness sake, its chicken salad. Who doesnt love chicken salad?

For an even tastier dish, try this chicken salad on toasted baguettes topped with a small slice of melted cheese.

Tarragon Chicken Salad:

1 lb chicken, cooked, shredded
2 stalks celery, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
2 hard boiled egg whites, diced
3-4 Tbls. tarragon, finely chopped
3/4 c. mayo, plus more if desired

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Add more mayo to reach desired consistency. Refrigerate at least 2-3 hours before serving.

No comments:

 
back to top