Thursday, March 18, 2010

Corned Beef Rueben


I know, I know, its just a sandwich right? BUT, You cant deny that there is an art to the Rueben sandwich.  The right amount of each ingredient to every layer is crucial to the overall construction and taste.  Ok, now I just sound like a food nerd BUT those that love Ruebens can back me up.  There's a trust between you, the eater, and the "architect" that the sandwich will live up to your expectations.  Yes, I love this sandwich but only a couple have been labeled amazing... and this would be one of them.

It just made sense, when I had leftover corned beef from St. Patty's Day, to make a Rueben.  There is nothing secret about making corned beef.  I slowed cooked this slab of meaty goodness with a head of cabbage, an onion, cup of water, and spices.  Fast forward to the next night and I was layering the corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and thousand island dressing between two pieces of rye bread.  

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.


Corned Beef Rueben: (if you call this a recipe)

Corned Beef
Sauerkraut
Swiss Cheese
Thousand Island Dressing
Rye Bread

Layer Sandwich in order of ingredients and toast @350 till bread is golden.  Spread with more dressing and enjoy!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love corned beef! Hubby doesn't so we didn't have it for St. Paddy's day.

Fork1 said...

Thats too bad he doesnt enjoy corned beef. You could always make a small one for yourself!

 
back to top