Thursday, March 4, 2010

Honey Ginger Carrots


If you cant already tell, I am not the pickiest of eaters but the few foods I do not enjoy have changed over the years.  One of those foods happens to be carrots.  You heard correctly...carrots; especially, sweet carrots.   Honestly, they were not on my "ugh, no thanks you" list, I just never found them that appetizing as a side item.  I never found them appetizing that is until now, or rather, until this recipe.

I cant put my finger on what is so addictive about this vegetable. Its simple to make (of course I love that) and flavored perfectly with honey, ginger, and butter.  Need I say more?
Ok, I will...



Honey Ginger Carrots:
2-3 lbs cooked carrots
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
5 Tbl. honey
2-3 Tbl. ground ginger

In a small saucepan, melt the butter.  While stirring, add in the honey and ginger.  Continue to stir until the mix is smooth.
Pour over cooked carrots.

No comments:

 
back to top