Sunday, April 11, 2010

Chicken Tetrazzini


This recipe is like gold.  Dont believe me? Let me ask you some questions:

1. Do you and/or your family like creamy pasta?
2.  Do you and/or family enjoy chicken for dinner?
3.  Do you ever have leftover chicken or keep frozen chicken in your freezer?
4.  Do you enjoy making easy, one dish casseroles for dinner?
5. Do you like meals that make for AWESOME leftovers?
6. Do you like cheese, cheese, and more cheese?

Let me guess...you answered "yes" to a few, if not all, the previous questions?  I've never met ANYONE that hasnt loved this dish. This recipe is about as easy a dinner as you can get without buying a frozen dinner or fast food.   In the times I have made this casserole, I have tweaked my moms original recipe based on the ingredients I have handy.   She has made for years, especially, when she needed an easy crowd pleaser for my family. 

You may be pondering the question: What does "Tetrazzini" mean? Um, I have no clue, maybe it means delicious. I'll leave the definition up to you. Let me know if you come with something good that I can tell people when they beg me for the recipe :)

Did I mention you can add or substitute any of the following ingredients? BTW, this is a great recipe for leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. Then you can just call it Turkey Tetrazzini. Again, not sure what the "Tetrazzini" means, oh well.

I usually serve this casserole with a Caesar salad. 

P.S Great dish for potlucks!


Chicken Tetrazzini:

1 box Spaghetti, cooked
1 pkg chicken, cooked and cubed
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 c. sour cream
1 jar mushrooms
2 c shredded Parmesan Blend (or whatever you have available but Parmesan really makes the dish)
2 Tbl.  parsely

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Grease a large casserole dish.

In a large bowl, mix together cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, 1 c. cheese, and parley.  When combined, add mushrooms, chicken, and spaghetti.  Toss together and pour into casserole dish.  Top with remaining cup of cheese.

Bake 30-40 min or till top is golden.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Can't wait to try this one! What does Tetrazzini mean? Interesting question.

Nish said...

It just means a pasta or noodle dish with cream sauce and mushrooms :) It looks yummy by the way...

brattypants said...

Wow! This looks delish!

It's a lot easier than I thought it would be to cook. Can't wait to make it.

Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Bryan said...

Looks so good, I love a good comfort food type of casserole!

Fork1 said...

Did I mention how easy this is to make, haha. BTW, the pic makes it look like plain noodles but its WAY better than that! Let me know how you enjoy it!

Andrea said...

Sounds like it'd be a hit at my house! Bookmarking for future use :)

RocknRollGourmet said...

Tetrazzini was the last name of an Italian opera singer, famous at the start of the 20th century.
While the name doesn't have the same direct connection as pasta "Alfredo" it is presumed to have some connection to her, possibly while she lived in San Francisco.

Fork1 said...

@ RollandRollGourmet: Is that true?!? If so cool... if not, Im really gullible and I would still prob believe you, hehe :)

Binky - Cakeb0t cake decorating techniques said...

YUMMMMM! I'm eating low carb right now, so I'll have to put this off, but it looks so GOoOod!! This actually reminds me of an Egyptian-American dish I had. Something like a pastichio. It was spaghetti, cream, and beef casserole. Thanks for the recipe!

 
back to top