Sunday, May 23, 2010

Perfect For Summer Guacamole


May 23rd, 4:43 pm- its official, Fork 2 is finally here and Im ready to share my delightful concoctions with the world!  Id like to start you out with a little piece I like to call Perfect For Summer Guacamole.  

I honestly have to admit that I am a slightly pickier eater than Fork 1- even though she would probably say the "pickiness gap" is much larger than I would.  And then the other issue I deal with is- well, have you ever heard of a "texture" issue?  I hadn't until I met Boyfriend (BF) who doesn't care for the textures of some foods, though he is willing to try anything and is getting much better.  I love this guacamole because it is simple and it satisfies both of us.  

Got chunks? I do. Or maybe I shouldn't call them chunks just in case BF is reading.  Instead I will call them delicious morsels of avocado combined with just the right amount of onion, jalapeno, tomato, a tiny bit of cilantro and a splash of lime juice.  Nothing can compare to homemade guacamole and nothing comes close to this recipe.  This is perfect for summertime and is especially delicious with an ice cold margarita.

Speaking of margaritas...
Perfect For Summer Guacamole:

2 Tbs. white onion (finely chopped)
1 Tbs. cilantro (finely chopped)
1 Tbs. jalapeno (finely chopped), plus more if you like it spicier
3 Tbs. tomato (diced)
3 avocados (ripe, but not too squishy)
1 lime
Kosher salt to taste


If you have a mortar and pestle or a "molcajete"(one made out of volcanic rock) then, first of all, I am very jealous but this will really help to bring out all of the flavors in the ingredients.

In a large bowl (or molcajete) mix together white onion, cilantro and jalapeno.  Cut lengthwise in a full circle around the avocados and remove the pits.  Then make several cuts in each half lengthwise and widthwise so that it looks like a checkerboard.  I like my guacamole chunky so I scoop the avocado out of 3 halves with a spoon, mix with the onion, jalapeno and cilantro and then mash the avocado.  Then scoop out the remaining 3 halves of avocado, add the tomatoes, a pinch of salt and the juice of a lime and lightly toss it all together.  It is excellent served with fresh corn chips.



4 comments:

ArchaeologyAnna said...

Yummy!!!!!!

Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes said...

Yum! The chunkier the better, and you must get one of those mortar/pestle things, they really are amazing for this! xxSAS

Fork1 said...

Even better than when Mr.F craves your Gauc, he now has the recipe to make it himself = double win!!

Bryan said...

I love guacamole! This looks great. Nice to meet you Fork 2.

 
back to top