Saturday, June 19, 2010

Creme Brulee Cupcakes




What's that thing called when someone can take a dish and make it look appetizing? Oh yea, its called artistic ability.   And surprisingly, unlike my mother and grandmother, I have found that my artistic range is extremely limited.  So while these cupcakes do not look magazine-worthy, its simply because I can not match the artistry that was used when Bakers Royale created this recipe.  However, I do believe that I was successful in recreating the flavor and taste of this delicious chocolate and creme brulee combo.

The basic chocolate cupcake recipe has now become my staple go-to recipe for cupcakes...wow! If I hadn't added the eggs to the batter, I would have eaten the whole bowl with a spoon.  It was like a mousse...yes, it was THAT amazing!

The second half of the recipe calls for a creme brulee filling.  Being my first creme brulee ever, I was a tad worried; yet, I soon found myself eating my fair share of the vanilla custard.  So together, how could these cupcakes be anything but delicious?  

Done in a two step process, I let the custard sit in the cupcakes overnight before bruleeing in the morning.  For real step-by-step  instructions and pictures to these cupcakes, check out Bakers Royale and her amazing creation!  

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love creme brulee, can't wait to try these creme brulee cupcakes.

Pam said...

Great cupcakes! I love creme brulee and definitely have to try this! Thanks!

 
back to top