Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies



The first day of Fall means that I can officially start baking pumpkin cookies!  These cake-like morsels of heaven may not look that appetizing (mainly due to the unflattering color of pumpkin and spice) but they are addictive.  

These cookies happen to be the simplest baked good you will ever come across...seriously.  I even took them two steps further (b/c I enjoy making a mess in my kitchen) and added chocolate chips to the batter, and a spice flavored icing for the top.  I highly recommend the chocolate chips but I found the icing to be a waste.  After a day, the cookies become extremely soft and the icing made them almost mushy. 

Two ingredients form the original recipe!  I even convinced the bagger at the grocery store to go home and bake them herself.  Please try these, you won't regret it.
Pumpkin Cookies

1 box Spice Cake mix
1 can Pure Pumpkin
1 bag Chocolate Chips (optional)

Mix all the ingredients together.  Bake heaping spoonfuls* on to baking sheet and bake @ 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  

*I refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes them roll into balls and press into patties.  Since they do not spread, they bake into whatever form they are shaped in.



1 comment:

Bryan said...

Wow that couldn't be easier could it? I will give these a try! I like that you convinced the grocery story staff to make them.

 
back to top