Saturday, October 16, 2010

Apple Galette


After a wonderful vacation in the North Carolina mountains, I am finally back and able to post.  The bounty of apples and pumpkins made my heart go pitter- patter.  Seriously, who doesn't like to cozy up next to the warm fire while the smell of apples and cinnamon drift through the air? Oh yea...

For a beautiful, yet simple, dessert or snack, an apple galette is the way to go.  A galette is just a free- form pie with the center piled with some fresh fruit.  Therefore, with bags of apples in my pantry and a pre-made roll of pastry dough in the refrigerator, I set out to make my first ever galette.  

I won't include a recipe because it is just as easy to explain the process right here.  I thinly sliced approximately 3 apples (whatever variety you have on hand).  In a bowl, I coated the apples with 2-3 tablespoons of sugar, 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon/nutmeg and tossed it all together.  Rolling out the dough, I arranged the apples in a rose pattern and folded the outside dough around the fruit.  Lastly, bake the galette on 350 degrees till golden.  See, incredibly simple to recreate!

Oh, how I love this weather

4 comments:

Bryan said...

Absolutely Beautiful! I love the look of your Galette. I can just smell it baking now

Fork1 said...

Thanks Bryan. After posting, I was inspired to bake another galette, yum!

Jessica said...

I'm here for taste-testing!! :-)

Pretty. Good. Food. said...

Wow, super pretty! Looks delicious :)!

 
back to top