Friday, October 22, 2010

Asian Slaw Salad


After seeing The Social Network, I am now compelled to build the next greatest web-based invention.  I will admit it has only been about an hour since I have set out on the discovery for this global phenomenon but I am confident. Ok, so maybe I should sleep on it.

In the meantime, let me introduce you to the greatest discovery to work lunches.  It may not look like much but its filling, delicious, and makes enough to last you all week.  This recipe is one of my favorites to bring to the office, not only for its simplicity but for its nutritional value (which I can only guess is healthy from the ingredients) and its taste.  Thats right, I am addicted to this salad.  

Few ingredients, amazing flavor.  The asian dressing is a must but the green onions are imperative and the toasted ramen and cashews send it over the top.

Enjoy!
Asian Slaw Salad
Recipe from Allrecipes.com

1 package coleslaw mix
1 bunch green onions, chopped (do NOT substitute for reg. or red onion)
1 package ramen, without flavor packet
1 (10 oz.) cashews

Asian Dressing:
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
1/4 c. cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon soy sauce

Salad:  Toast the ramen and cashews on a baking sheet, oven at 350, till toasted.  Add coleslaw, green onions, ramen, and cashews.  Add dressing right before serving; otherwise, slaw and cashews become soggy.

Dressing: whisk all ingredients together. Add more vinegar and soy sauce to taste.

3 comments:

Bryan said...

Sounds wonderful! I really love slaw type dishes and this one sounds great. I really like the idea of toasting the raman noodles.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I LOVE THIS SALAD TOO!!! its always been a family favorite here :) Thanks for reminding me how delicious this is. Must make it SOON!

Mary Spice said...

Salad can get so boring, I am always looking for new recipes and will try this one soon. Thanks Abbey!

 
back to top