Monday, November 1, 2010

Garlic Cheese



If your looking to keep away the vampires (or anyone for that matter) try eating some garlic cheese... Just dont forget to brush your teeth later.

While most grandmother's may have cookies, hot from the oven, waiting for your visit, my Granny always had garlic cheese.  Crackers and cheese; especially, loved by my older brother who loved cheese moreso than sweets (hard to imagine, I know!) Three simple ingredients and LOTS of pressed garlic. I was told that I must use a garlic press but, once again, I do things by my own rules.

So in honor of Halloween, my older brother's birthday on 11/2, and the excitement of knowing that those horrendous political ads are now over for awhile, I will whole-heartedly enjoy some garlic cheese and pretzels.

Happy Halloween (ok, so I'm a little late)
Garlic Cheese

1 container sharp cheddar pub cheese
1 (8oz) chream cheese
4-5 cloves, finely minced/pressed garlic

Mix together and serve with crackers or pretzels.

4 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

YUM! You can have candy anytime, garlic cheese sounds WAY better!

I've never seen pub cheese here, what do you think would be a good substitute?

Bryan said...

OK two of my favorite words are in the title of this post.. Garlic and Cheese, does it get better? This sounds great! where does granny live?

Fork1 said...

Thanks guys, This recipe is addictive! Trying to recreate this memorable snack was like pulling teeth. I am pretty sure my mom made up ingredients to incorporate so I finally turned to the ultimate source...my brother :)

I call the cheese a "pub" cheese but its simply a spreadable cheddar cheese. The cheese aisle usually has numerous brands. The brand I buy is Kuakua(something like that). Let me know if you sub a different cheese variety!

Kimberly Peterson said...

Garlic Cheese!!! Never made them and don't think I've ever tried, but it DOES sound highly addictive!! Must try. Bookmark!!

 
back to top