Friday, January 7, 2011

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits



Its such a shame that this picture doesn't fully convey the deliciousness of these biscuits.  Seriously, this picture is down-right ulgy! I almost threw out this post entirely. However, this recipe is so amazing, I can't keep it a secret any longer. 

I've been told that I need to make regular batches of these biscuits to fully satisfy my tastetester. During those crazy worknights that I do not feel like cooking a 5- course meal, I can easily whip up these biscuits, serve with leftovers, and trick Mr.F into believing that I have slaved away all day. Sounds perfect, except that I quickly realized these biscuits send him into a cheese,butter, and garlic euphoria which translates into the need for me to bake more. Oh well, life could be worse.  These biscuits could be made from scratch....oops, I've let the secret out.

You heard correctly, this recipe calls for a biscuit mix, cheese, water, and a garlic butter.  I've considered another delicious addition...bacon.  How can that be terrible?  My mouth is watering just thinking about these biscuits hot out the oven, covered in butter.
YUM


Garlic Cheddar Biscuits

1 1/4 c. biscuit mix (I use Bisquick, instant biscuit mix. Its already measured out)
1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. salted butter
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dried parsley

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  In a bowl, mix together the mix, cheese, and water.  Drop rounded tablespoons of biscuit mix onto baking sheet. Bake 10 min or till golden.
In a measuring cup, melt the butter.  Add the garlic powder and parsley to taste.  With a pastry brush, cover each biscuit with the melted butter.  Return biscuits to the oven for 2 min.
Enjoy HOT!

No comments:

 
back to top