Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Turkey Burger Sliders



Occasionally, I stumble upon recipes that I am immediately drawn too...Ok, this happens ALOT. I erupt into a cooking frenzy and have five completed dishes by days end. The best part are my taste testers usually chosen at random by whomever is within reaching distance. I wish I could say that the result of these turkey sliders lasted long enough to go to testers outside of myself and Mr. F.

They were consumed so quickly that I immediately set a plan to make more sliders for the week ahead.  An easy, microwavable burger that we could eat for lunch or snack.  To be paired with these herb stuffed turkey burgers I decided that some warm goat cheese would go perfectly. I was also drawn to the addition of drizzling some greek vingerette over the top of the burger.  And the creme de la creme was my carefully chosen roll choice...Hawaiian Sweet Rolls!
Perfect for a party, do yourself a favor and make these sliders. 

P.S I did also make these as full-size burgers on toasted onion rolls. YUM


Turkey Burger Sliders
recipe adapted from Pink Parsely

Serves 10-12 sliders

1 Lb ground Turkey
2 T. olive oil, divided
3 T. onion or shallot, minced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
2 T. fresh Parsley, minced
1 tsp. fresh Rosemary, minced
1 tsp. fresh Thyme, minced
1 tsp. fresh Sage, minced
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
Goat Cheese
Greek Vingerette
Hawaiian Sweet Rolls

In a small saute pan, heat olive oil and cook onion and garlic till soft, approx. 3-5 min. Remove from heat.

In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey, sauteed onion/garlic mix, fresh herbs, mustard, 1 T. olive oil, and red pepper flakes.

Make into small patties. Cook in large saute pan till cooked through, approx 5-7 min per side.

Immediately top with goat cheese and let sit 1 min to soften.  Drizzle some of the vingerette over slider and place on sweet roll.

Serve warm.

3 comments:

SITGirl said...

These look so yummy!!!

Dana said...

These look so tasty! I've made turkey burgers before, but they always come out really dry. Were these dry? I guess the goat cheese may help to alleviate any dryness...

Fork1 said...

The first time I made the burgers, they were slightly dry; however, the additional olive oil and the smaller size of the patty fixed the problem. These were perfectly moist...also have to watch out for overcooking of the meat.

 
back to top