Friday, July 8, 2011

Spinach Stuffed Portobellos


While I may not have posted in the last two weeks, I have been doing a lot of cooking/baking, photography of food, and eating.  I would have to admit that of everything made, these spinach stuffed portobello mushrooms have become my new favorite.  Out of the last 14 days, I would have to say 10 have included this dish (not exaggerating).  

Healthy, cheesy, super simple, and reheats great, the only thing that is keeping them from my dinner plate this evening is the lack of mushrooms in my fridge.  I have even changed up the original recipe a tad and added panko bread crumbs, cayenne pepper, different cheeses, you name it.  

Don't worry, not everything that I have been making is healthy... not unless you count sugar, cream, and butter as food groups.
Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
2-3 large Portobello Caps
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1/4 c. Cheddar Cheese
1/4 c. Mozzarella Cheese
2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
1 package frozen chopped Spinach, squeezed of all liquid

With a spoon, scoop out the stem and meaty center of mushroom.  In a small bowl, combine spinach, cream cheese, garlic powder, and cheeses.  Once combined, equally divide spinach mixture among mushroom caps.  Bake on a greased sheet at 400 degrees for 20 mins. 
* Play with the ingredients. Try Feta or goat cheese, bread crumbs, chopped artichokes, etc

2 comments:

adrienne_sakura said...

oooh i should see if our grocery has nice looking mushroom like that. this is something i could get into to. ;)

Dana said...

I could see why it would appear on the table so often. Looks great! I bet you could do them on the barbecue too!

 
back to top