Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chocolate Cake in a Cup


Two posts in one day?!?! I know I have been a post slacker the past few weeks so I couldn't just post a recipe on corn and call it a day. That would just be cruel. So I have decided to share one of my newest discoveries. Chocolate cake in a cup...is this cupful of deliciousness for real?

This cake is so rich, I usually cut this recipe in half and even in the best cases can I even finish that. However, I must share with you that I have discovered a coconut ice cream that only makes this dessert more sinful. A few tablespoons of this, teaspoons of that, 3 minutes in the microwave and this can all be yours.

Is that your stomach rumbling I hear?
Chocolate Cake in a Cup




Adapted from Little Food Junction

1 egg
3 Tbl. flour
3 Tbl. powdered sugar
1 1/2 Tbl cocoa powder ( I used dark chocolate)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbl milk
1 Tbl olive oil
1/4 c. chocolate chips (again dark chocolate)

In a small bowl, which the egg and pour out half. Add in the flour , sugar, and cocoa. Mix together. Add the remaining liquids. Use a fork to remove any lumps. Lastly, add the chocolate chips and stir together. Pour the batter into a greased coffee mug and microwave for 2:30-3:00 minutes. Cake will be extremely hot so let sit  couple of minutes before devouring.
Chocolate Cake in a Cup

5 comments:

Bryan said...

sounds great! Like you said a little ice cream on top and you are set.

Fork1 said...

Thanks Bryan, I wonder if a chocoholics support group exists b/c I'm addicted.

adrienne_sakura said...

oooh. i wanna try this soon. btw i love the cup. ;)

Anonymous said...

So I am only using half the egg correct?

Fork1 said...

Typically, I will whisk the whole egg and dump about a tablespoon.

 
back to top