Sunday, September 11, 2011

Banana Bread


I had to bake this banana bread recipe in mini loaves or else I might have eaten the whole batch in a single sitting. And, anything "mini" is just plain adorable. Whenever I have bananas at my disposal that have reached their ripe peak, I will whip up some banana bread. Incredibly simple and amazingly delicious, this recipe couldn't be any better.  In fact, letting the bread sit overnight in a air-tight container only enhances the flavor.

This is one of my favorite recipes that I hope will become of yours as well.

Banana Bread


1 1/4 c. Flour
1 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 lg. Eggs, room temp.
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/2 c. Unsalted butter, room temp.
1 c. Sugar
1 c. ripe Bananas (approx. 3) mushed
1/2 c. Walnut/Pecan pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare loaf pan.
Sift together, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Pour the egg mixture into the butter/sugar mixture. Beat till incorporated. Add in the mushed bananas. Gradually add in the flour mixture into the batter. Stir in walnuts or pecans.
Pour batter into prepare pan. Bake 55 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Bryan said...

I have had my banana bread compared (somewhat unfavorably) to a door stop. I plan to remedy that soon, thanks for the new recipe to try... now if I can only get to a couple of over ripe bananas, my kiddos have been eating them like they are made of chocolate lately

Fork1 said...

Thats so sad Bryan, lol. This recipe will defintely work! I always set the baking time for a little less than indicated and every oven varies in cooking. The mini loaves only took about 25-30 min.

Laura Diaz said...

Banana bread is one of my all time favorite things! I'm really dissapointed that I did not get to taste this :(

 
back to top