Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gingerbread Christmas Bites


No Thanksgiving post, sorry.  My job at this years feast was the stuffing and cranberry sauce. When it comes to the stuffing, or "dressing" as it may be incorrectly referred, everyone has their own recipe. A unique, family recipe that done any differently would disrupt the perfection of the meal.  My family prefers a southern cornbread stuffing mixed with pecans, mushrooms, and sausage. And I know that my brothers would second the notion to any alteration.  So, yea, I skipped the Thanksgiving post and opted to  give you something more holiday-ish.

When asked if these bites were delicious, Mr. F described them as "Christmas in your mouth."  And I would have to agree.  Warm gingerbread cookie dough filled with a sweet cream cheese frosting...yum! Did I mention how amazing my house smelled?!  Too bad Mr. F only got to eat one, the rest of these morsels went to a holiday crafting party at work. They were easy enough to make after work and heated well in the microwave before serving.  If you need a party dessert dish, this is it.

On a side note, I keep telling myself that I am going to bake more this holiday season.  Maybe it's because I keep thinking there is so much time left before Hannukah and Christmas and how fun it would be.  Then I think of my poor refrigerator filled to capacity and my body still trying to work off the linzer torte from Thanksgiving.  
Gingerbread Christmas Bites

1 package Gingerbread Cookie dough (from the refrigerated section of the grocery store)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 375.  Line mini muffin pan with cupcake liners. Roll 1 tsp of dough into a ball and place in each muffin liner.  With the end of wooden spoon, dip it in flour and press down the dough so a large hole forms.  Don't press too hard, just enough that the dough goes up the sides of the liner. 

In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.  Spoon into a pastry bag or plastic bag with the tip cut off.  Fill each dough "cup" with the frosting. 

Bake for 9-10 min.  The frosting will deflate but once cooled simply refill the bite with more cream cheese mix. The end result will taste the same and look nicer. 

Serve slightly warm or store in the refrigerator overnight and heat in the microwave when ready.

1 comment:

Mary Spice said...

I am definitely going to give these a try!

 
back to top