Monday, January 16, 2012

Chilled Soba Noodle Salad


Ever sleep so long that you just remain sleepy for the remainder of the day? Well, that's me today so it will be a short post.  I blame it on the Golden Globes last night.  My favorite win of the night was for the PBS Masterpiece Classic show, Downton Abbey.  PBS and Masterpiece Classic, yes I do feel like an old lady sometimes but this show is truly awesome.

But I digress in my quest for laziness. Onward to soba noodles...

Soba noodles are a japanese buckewheat pasta that can be served hot or cold.  I chose the cold version with a few favorite add-ins and  a sesame ginger dressing.  For a first attempt, this was a delicious, light lunch.  And since this makes a gigantic amount, I have plenty for a weeks worth of work lunches.  



Chilled Soba Noodle Salad
Adapted from Annie Chuns

1 package Soba noodles
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 c. fresh spinach
1 package firm tofu, pan fried (or chicken)
1 c. edamame beans
1/4 c. red onion, thinly sliced
1 c. apple, thinly sliced

Sauce:
3 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp rice wine or mirin
1 tsp. sugar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp fresh minced ginger

Cook noodles according to package direction, rinse in cold water, drain.  Place noodles in large bowl and toss with 2 tbsp sesame oil.  Add remaining ingredients.  Mix together the sauce and add to bowl. Toss everything together. Serve cold.

No comments:

 
back to top